We plan to write an article about this soon, but in the interim, here are a few bullet points:
* this is also referred to as Method 9 (found in 40 CFR part 60)
* there are many, many criterium required to perform a ‘legal’ visual observation
– time of day
– relative humidity
– wind direction
– sun position
– weather conditions
– status of your EPA VEO certification
– distance to emission
– angle of incidence
– background contrast used
– white smoke or black smoke
– (will look up the other criteria and post it here)
This is an old mechanical, rotary drum & rocker switch, stream switcher. It was designed as a 5 streams or 10 streams unit.
RIGAS can fabricate a replacement. We utilize more modern parts (i.e., a PLC replaces the mechanical timers; status lights are replaced by LEDs). Other options are available too, just ask.
Here are some part numbers that you might find in this unit:
Yes … NLA (no longer available). But, these analyzers are still VERY viable! The electronics are serviceable; the detectors can be replaced. Call us for information!